Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Biz-ymama interview: Crystal Gayle Photography

1. What is the name and the online contact info of your business?

Crystal Gayle Photography is the name of my business.
My email address is crystalzphotography [!at] gmail.com.
I also have a blog http://crystalgaylephotography.blogspot.com.

2. How did you come up with it?
I came up with the name using my first and middle name to represent me as the photographer.
3. What is your business?
My business currently is nature and still life photography which I sell in forms if prints either framed or unframed, magnets, aceos, and bookmarks. I can put my prints on almost anything you'd like via custom orders. I've done some photgraphing of products for people to use to sell their product and also some
portaits.

4. When did you start your business?
I started having my photography available for purchase online and locally about 4 years ago.
5. What made you want to pursue your own business? How did you do it?
I decided to pursue selling my photography after receiving many comments on my work that were really encouraging and positive. I decided to work on learning different techniques and upgraded my equipment and started marketing more via a blog and facebook.
6. What is your daily life/ schedule like?
My daily life is quite care free. I have two children to take care of, I do paperwork for my husband's business, I try to stay on top of things in my home (in between renovations), and when I have a chance, I get out, with my children and put my camera to use!
7. When do you find the time to work?
I never know when a good photo opportunity is going to arise, so I try to have my camera with me at all times. When my children are napping or sleeping later in the evening is when I find time to load my newest works to to computer and online.

8. What are your future goals?
My future goals are to increase my photos available, take some photography courses, and get into portrait photography as well.


9. What is the hardest thing about what you are doing?
The hardest thing about photography is finding time to go out and get good photographs and time to work with them. My family comes before work so right now I have to remind myself that more frequently. Once they are in school, I'll have time to go out during the day on shoots and time to take courses.

10. What advice do you have for other working mommies?
Enjoy your little ones while they are still little!!! Life is too short to let them grow up without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment