Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Biz-ymama Interview: Felted Friends

1. What is the name and the online contact info of your business?

My business is FeltedFriends, and the website is http://www.feltedfriends.etsy.com/

2. How did you come up with it?
I figured that since I made mostly fluffy felted companions it was an appropriate business name!

3. What is your business?
I produce handknit and felted stuffed animal creations, and children's sweaters.
4. When did you start your business?
My webstore on Etsy started in early spring of 2008. I had done a few local craft shows but it wasn't until I started on Etsy that it felt like a real "business"

5. What made you want to pursue your own business? How did you do it?
I wanted to do something I loved (knitting!) that I could do in my spare time away from my two other part time jobs.
6. What is your daily life/ schedule like?
My daily schedule is fairly insane. I'm a single mom working three part time jobs (etsy is just one), with two children who are into multiple sports; plus one dog, four cats, two guinea pigs, a gerbil and three tanks of fish.

7. When do you find the time to work?
I take my work wherever I go - doctor's offices, soccer games, pretty much anywhere I can park myself with my needles.
8. What are your future goals?
To develop my business, and attract a following of repeat customers.

9. What is the hardest thing about what you are doing?
My knitting skills are great - but my marketing ones, not so much.
10. What advice do you have for other working mommies?
Just keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment