Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Begining...

Months ago I started dreaming of doing something with sewing, although I did not know what. I browsed etsy everyday, drooled over amazing fabric prints, and sewed clothes for my children out of scraps I had lying around. Then I started trying to actually make clothes others would want, and they did.

So- I started sending Brin to school in the things that I made, and I picked up some orders. I came up with a name printed my own labels for the garments using iron on adhesive with a paper back and the good old laser printer, and made my own business cards and tags on cardstock. This was exciting, and encouraged me even more. I wanted to be legal and look professional, and then took the steps to be sure everything was in line. I when to the irs.gov website and got my EIN (tax id number) and came up with my name. I started a blog just for the line, and I sent EVERYONE the link and posted it on FACEBOOK.

Next I set up an etsy store(but have not opened it yet) and a paypal account (have not used it yet).

I then applied at legalzoom.com to have an llc (still awaiting paperwork)

And that my friends is where I am today.

So here is what I hope to do- both for myself and all of you-
Give you my weekly to do list, and work schedule
Interview others who have done what I want to do
Update you on my endeavors
Allow you to ask and answer questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment