Sunday, June 14, 2009

A plan... and doubts...

I would like to open ETSY after the 4th of July. This is really my month goal. I need to finish 4 designs and photograph them before I do this. Truthfully I am a bit nervous. ETSY is intimidating to me. I don’t have a great camera, and I don’t have Photoshop so I really feel like I am out of my league. Then again- I really want to try. No one else has stuff like mine, and that is encouraging. However, I worry that it will get lost among the millions of other things. I don’t really know of anyone who shops their either- I look ALL THE TIME- but I am guilty of not buying. I think that’s important on ETSY- it seems to be a “support” thing- but then are all the buyers other shop owners, and if so, then is your money just paying for more stuff… My dream for now (and this really does sound so superficial I know) is to make enough to pay for house cleaning once a week. SO basically to pay someone to do what I had time to do before I took up this task.

I don’t really know that I can do it- to make a career out of this I mean. Sure I can sell a few skirts here and there. But to be the next Lilly Pulitzer (can you just imagine)?

No comments:

Post a Comment